Birs catch fire in Muktsar gurudwara

Posted on 11 April 2017 by GGS News

Chandigarh : Six ‘birs’ of the Guru Granth Sahib were found partially burnt at a gurudwara in a village in Muktsar after a plastic fan kept close to them caught fire, a senior police official said.
Bir is a copy of the Guru Granth Sahib.The incident occurred at a gurdwara in Aulakh village of Malout sub-division late last evening, Muktsar SSP, Baljot Singh Rathore said over phone on Monday.

“The ‘birs’ were kept in the ‘sukhaasan’ room at the gurdwara. The plastic fan kept close to the scriptures caught fire,” he said.

Rathore, who visited the spot, said the priest had told the police that the fan had been running since morning and the latter forgot to turn it off.Guru Granth Sahib,Gurudwara,Muktsar gurudwara,Aulakh village,Baljot Singh Rathore,Amarinder Singh
The CCTV footage has been examined, Rathore said, ruling out any foul play in the incident.

Chief Minster Amarinder Singh has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.

Amarinder Singh expressed shock and anguish over the incident, a spokesperson of the Chief Minister’s Office said here.

“ADC Muktsar shall conduct the inquiry and submit his report within two days,” he added.

At the same time, the Chief Minister stated that nobody shall be spared, if found involved in the incident.

PTI |

Leave a Reply

Advertise Here


Advertise Here















View amritpal Singh SIDHU's profile on LinkedIn